Hats DAO Delegate Applications

Thanks for considering putting yourself forward as a Hats.Finance governance delegate!
Be sure to follow the steps carefully. If you have questions, you can get help in the #Hats-governance channel on Discord.

Important Note: You only need to submit yourself as a delegate if you want to appear in the list of delegates shown when other people claim their tokens. You do not need to submit a delegate profile if you only want to claim your airdrop, or if you only intend to delegate to yourself!

• Delegates are not awarded extra tokens for being delegates.
  • Please read Hats.Finance long-term values and share your view in your replay below.

Hats long term value:

As a Delegate I support the following causes:

• Commitment to ensuring the long-term sustainability of the Hats protocol both from an economic and technological perspective.
  • Hacking as a necessary part of sustainable and long-lasting public technology
  • Decentralization should be a core aspect of bug bounties
  • Maintaining a strong smart contract security mentality in Web3 and DeFi, understanding its importance in the crypto ecosystem as a whole.
  • Alignment with the mission to incentivize hackers that follow the ethical route and become white hats.

Reply to this forum thread using the following template:

Name:

Twitter account or GitHub account:

ERC-20 Wallet:

I support and understand Hats key values: Yes / No

Why do you want to become a delegate:(few reasons)

My experience in crypto cybersecurity space:

What do I see as the long-term value of Hats.Finance :

1 Like

Name: Oliver Hörr

Twitter: @0xAngler

ERC-20 Wallet:
0xe707ABbDA8146d2d3f3341E9B375Cb1fc78526d8

Yes, I fully understand and support the Hats key values

Why do you want to become a delegate:
I’m holding the position of the Master of Operations at the Hats DAO and am one of the Directors.
Part of my role will be to ensure the decentralization of the DAO and help facilitate decentral governance. I believe in governance through delegation, since not every community member has the time or the know-how to make an informed decision on every governance proposal. My expertise is in DAO Operations and Protocol Economics including Tokenomics. Since I’m working for Hats DAO full time I will not only be able but even required to have a well-informed opinion on all governance votes that we will move forward. Since I’m not a developer (neither for smart contracts nor Front-End) I will consult with more technical peers within the DAO to vote on code changes.

I’m part of the crypto ecosystem / Web3 since late 2016. I’m convinced that cybersecurity is one of the most important topics if we want to move the space forward towards mainstream adoption. Risk-averse users will be put off if they risk losing their funds while interacting with DeFi applications.

Personally, I’m neither a hacker nor even a developer but I’m getting involved with the security community to get a good understanding of their needs.

Trustlessness
Hacker and developer teams can feel well informed and secure when using Hats.Finance. Unlike traditional bug bounties, they can predict the behavior of the protocol accurately once a vulnerability is reported and settle disputes in a decentral way. Hackers are ensured to be rewarded fairly even when staying completely anonymous

Mutually beneficial / Aligned Incentives
The protocol is and always should be designed with the intention to align incentives between hackers, developers, investors, and users. Hackers are an essential part of the ecosystem and have already saved millions in user funds out of altruistic reasons. Giving them their fair share and recognition is part of the core of Hats.Finance

Democratizing cybersecurity
In the world of DAOs we want to get the community and investors involved with securing Dapps that they use. With other bug bounty programs, the community is sidelined and the responsibility lies solely with the team. At Hats.Finance it can play an active role and contribute to the space and taking part in securing a Dapp should be rewarded.

1 Like

Name: xiliu
Twitter: @Messi61520

ERC-20 Wallet:
0x5e61Ee27B41BFBC9fD07c7CA4aD8CCD27Be34E15

Yes, I do understand and support the Hats key values

Why do you want to become a delegate:
I was an blockchain editor before,and now have full interest in DAO and community; I also joined the Hats Finance Ambassador.Apply for the delegator means that I can take part in making of the core decisions that influence hacker behavior in the crypto ecosystem.I’m not a developer, and security expert. I want to contribute the long term vision projects,and also dive deep in web3.0.

2018–2019.7 Editor in blockchain company;
2019–Now Advisor in Protocol Gemini;
Also I 'm a Hats Finance Ambassador,Contributor in snapshot and RabbitHole.

I’m not a programmer, last year I claimed my ENS token and delegated to someone else,but changed my mind in hte next few weeks. I try to vote myself, to join the DAO goverance, and now I want to be one delegator in Hats Finance.

The Cypherpunk and Web3 Spirit in Hats.

Hackers and developer teams can cooperate together? It must be crazy when I first heard Hats Finance, but when I figure it out, it’s all make sense.

In the past, the outside world always thought of cryptocurrencies as a product of marginalization, just as we now think of hackers as a dangerous group of people.

Just as the NFT theme we drop before, we are crows. we protect web3.0; Hackers are contributors too, they’re just tempted by high values. Hats Finance can fix it, we will.

2 Likes

Name: zeck

Twitter account or GitHub account: qgxiaozhan (zengweizhan) · GitHub

ERC-20 Wallet: 0x8fA3232FF0a45De66F1810096189A0f6f4ea8724

I support and understand Hats key values: Yes

Why do you want to become a delegate:(few reasons)
1/ I am a beginner in cryptocurrency, before I got into cryptocurrency I heard all the news about cryptocurrency theft, I want to know how hats can secure cryptocurrency technically and economically.
2/ I am a technician, but I am a technician in the field of big data, I like hack, but I know less about cryptocurrency technology, I can understand cryptocurrency technology better by joining hats.

My experience in crypto cybersecurity space: No

What do I see as the long-term value of Hats.Finance : Encourage white hats and reduce black hats

2 Likes

Name: konggu

Twitter: @konggu12345
ERC-20 Wallet:
0x113406A66A9C41B9899f9BF08C39931cD7437aC3

Yes, I fully understand and support the Hats key values

Why do you want to become a delegate:I think Hats.Finance will make more people understand blockchain, and it will also make current blockchain personnel more professional, let everyone create more value of their own, and make everyone more positive and yearning for a better life in the future.

Name: Mohammad AzuaNizam Shah Bin Mohd Shafie

Twitter account account: @Wan81196336

ERC-20 Wallet: 0xaab04e54053e08660d664fafe564ce4b21ebf158

Why do you want to become a delegate: I want try a new work for my life, and I will be try the best study it and with the future coming soon

My experience in crypto cybersecurity space: excellent

What do I see as the long-term value of Hats.Finance : is very better for future child